1. Think mobile, mobile, mobile. Mobile has become a large part of the marketing equation, whether you actively promote your business via mobile or not. Sales via mobile devices have seen average year-on-year increases of 33.8% since 2016. But what many businesses don’t realize is that mobile is as important in-store as it is online. Whether before they visit the store or while they are in the aisle, shoppers are using their mobile devices to research shampoo as much as they are flat-screen TVs.
Need to create a better mobile experience?
- Optimize your mobile site. According to Google, 53% of visitors will abandon a site within three seconds if it doesn't load right away.
- Use QR Codes or augmented reality (AR) to enable shoppers to interact with direct mail, packaging, or in-store displays.
- Use mobile to provide shoppers with access to genuinely helpful content such as reviews or mobile coupons.
- 111% conversion lift among shoppers overall.
- 180% lift in revenue per visitor among lifelong shoppers.
- Increase in basket sizes.
3. Personalize shopper offers, communications, and experiences. The trend toward personalization continues, and it’s more important than ever. Nearly all (91%) consumers say they are more likely to shop with brands that provide offers and recommendations relevant to them (Accenture) and more than half (57%) are willing to share personalized experiences in exchange for customized offers (Salesforce). So give it to them! But this personalization must feel authentic and accurate. Shoppers say that inaccurate or irrelevant personalization drives them to shop elsewhere.
If you aren’t already implementing mobile, UGC, or personalization strategies, let us help you create them. Ready to get started?